How to Remove Carpet Stains
You'll find step-by-step instructions on how to remove carpet
stains of virtually all types here. Sometimes specialized cleaning
products and professional carpet cleaners are needed, but you
can get out many stains easily by yourself, using what you already
have in the house.
Carpet Stain Removal - Start Here...
to Get Out Carpet Stains - Basic procedures.
to Do About a Permanent Stain - Diminish, hide, repair.
the Best Way to Clean Carpet? - Not all methods are equal.
You're site gets a rare bookmark
for me. - Dustin C
Featured Pages | News | Tips
Newest Video Additions - March, 2013 - We have
added videos tutorials to the pages on asphalt
stains and steam
A Guide to Deep Cleaning Carpet - May 2013 -
If you want the cleanest carpeting possible, you probably should
hire professionals who use hot water extraction, otherwise known
as steam cleaning. They should arrive with... But what if you
do not want to spend the money for a professional carpet cleaner
and you still want... Continue
Carpet and Allergies - March, 2013 - If you
look around the internet for information on whether carpeting
is good or bad for allergies, and what you should do to minimize
any problems, you'll notice that the "experts" disagree
Which is the Best Carpet for Rentals? - February
2013 - A landlord generally wants to provide a decent environment
to live in for his or her tenants. This often includes having
decent carpeting that is clean and... Continue
Should You Clean It Yourself? - Portable consumer
machines don't have the hot water and high powered suction necessary
to deeply clean a carpet. A "truck mount" unit is always
better. Only use rental machines (if at all) for short-pile carpet
that isn't too dirty, or which has most of the dirt near the
Detailed Instructions for Removing These Carpet Stains...
- Start by neutralizing the acid.
- Prevention tips are covered too.
- The odor is the issue.
Stains - These are not hopeless.
- Hide and cover the damage.
- Use a simple household product.
- You can make them invisible.
- A sticky problem resolved.
Urine - Eliminate the odor.
- This is an easy cleanup.
Gum - There are a couple tricks.
- There are two methods that work.
Stains - This can be a tough one.
- The red ones are the worst.
- This is of the easier ones to get out.
Urine - Use a wet/dry vacuum cleaner.
Poop - Not a fun job; but here's how.
Drinks - Water will get most out.
- These can be tricky spots.
- Here are some easy instructions.
Juice - Get it before it goes deep.
- Procedures are very different for this.
- Clean it up fast with these steps.
- Start with plain unscented dish soap.
- Use rubbing alcohol, but carefully.
- You can get it out even when dried.
Aid - The red varieties are the toughest.
- This is another job for isopropyl alcohol.
- Get the greasiness out completely.
- There are mild and severe cases...
- The odor does not have to linger.
- This is one of the toughest of all.
Polish - Use nail polish remover, of course.
- Cheap tricks and expensive ozone treatments.
- It isn't always as difficult as it looks.
- The first step involves white vinegar.
Stains - Should you hide or repair?
- Here are some simple steps to follow.
- Remove the mess and the smell.
Stains - Use an iron and dish detergent.
Cement - Rubbing alcohol to the rescue!
- Lemon juice is one alternative to try.
- Dealing with small and large spots.
Sauce - Use ammonia to start the process.
- It isn't easy, but it can be done.
- Try white vinegar and warm water.
- You can use common cleaners.
- Get the odors out as well.
- It can damage the color of the fibers.
- Tips for messy artists.
Wax - Start with a brown paper bag...
- You can use white vinegar and dish soap.
Cleaning Carpet - How to do it yourself and whether you should.
and Allergies: What's the Truth? - Common sense and experimentation.
Carpet for Rentals - What a landlord needs to know.
Brief History of Carpet - It goes back 9,000 years.
Resistant Carpet - Does it work, and what are the drawbacks?
Types of Carpet - From cut pile to level loop and more.
Life - How long it is normally, and how to add years to that.
Carpet? - A bad idea, but if you have it...
Hardwood Floors - Some tips for the best methods.
Versus Hardwood Flooring - Which is better for you?
to Clean Wool Carpet - And wool rugs; spot treatment and
Carpet Cleaning - Six options for saving money.
Carpet Cleaning Methods - Some environmentally-friendly options.
Odor Out - There are seven methods explained here.
to Repair Carpet - Cutting out and replacing a damaged spot.
to Clean Rugs - Bathroom and kitchen as well as are rugs
Rugs - Try using the sun.
Carpet Stains - Doing it on your own.
I spilled kool aid on the carpet two days before re-signing
the lease (with inspection) on our house. I tried all the cleaners,
but some kool aid always stuck around. This method destroyed
the red stain in my carpet. I love this, thanks so much! - Jason
Did this site help you out? Let people know by using one of
How to Remove a Stain
Watch it being done to understand the basic procedures.
More Carpet Care Information
Remedies for Stains
a House Clean
to Clean Curtains
to Clean a Couch
to Clean Upholstery