The Benefits of Wooden Flooring
By Steve Gillman
What are the benefits of wooden flooring? Here are some of
1. Low Cost - While quality wooden flooring may cost more
than carpet to put in at first, it will not need to be replaced,
as carpet will. This makes it a good long-term value.
2. Increases Home Value - Generally, a nice hardwood floor
adds value to a home.
3. Less Allergens - A wood floor means less dust and dust
mites, not to mention all the other allergens that may be hiding
4. Easy And Cheap to Clean - No expensive cleaning is normally
required, unlike with carpet. Wiping it down with a dust mop
and occasionally washing it is all it needs.
5. Goes Well With Other Decor - Carpet - depending on the
color - may not go well with some furniture. But the neutral
look of wooden flooring is more likely to fit in well with almost
everything you put in a home.
7. Easy Maintenance - You will likely never have to replace
a good wood floor. They are tough, and some look good even when
worn. In any case, refinishing is a relatively inexpensive way
to have a "new floor" all over again.
8. Suitable for All Areas - Even bathrooms can have wooden
flooring now, thanks to the latest polyurethane finishes and
Whether you install "strip," "plank,"
or "parquet," wooden flooring may be one of the best
options you have for anywhere in the house.
Related page: A Few House
Cleaning Tips has information on cleaning wooden floors.
How To Remove Carpet Stains |
Benefits of Wooden Flooring